Tmj treatment Los Angeles
The temporomandibular joint is a hinge that connects your jaw to the jawbones of your skull that are positioned in front of each ear. This helps you in the movement of your jaw aspect side by side, up and down so that you can chunk, talk and yawn properly. However, there is a Tmj disorder, also known as TMD, although on rare occasions. Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, offers high-quality Tmj treatment, Los Angeles.
Causes of the Tmj
Practitioners both in the standard scientific field and those in dentistry have not been able to identify the core causes of TMJ. Nonetheless, there are a few feasible causes which have been diagnosed to cause tmj sickness. However, Dr. F. Isaac Hakim has been able to identify the possible issues that may have resulted in tmj. The identified reasons that have led to Tmj sickness are:
- Rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, and arthritis of the joint.
- Grinding or clenching of your enamel which tends to put a lot of pressure on the temporomandibular joint.
- Excessive injury on your jaw joint or muscular tissues of your top shoulder, head, and neck.
- Stress which tends to make you tighten your facial muscle, the muscle groups of your jaw and even clenching your tooth.
- Joint infections.
- Bone deformities.
There are as well factors which have been contemplated by Dr. F. Isaac Hakim which may trigger the development of tmj. These components additionally include:
- Intense harm in the jaw.
- Longtime trauma of the enamel.
- General bone arthritis.
- Connective tissue sicknesses which may have an extraordinary effect on the temporomandibular joint.
Symptoms of TMJ
- Chronic headache.
- Pain or excessive tenderness of your jaw.
- Chewing and biting difficulties.
- Closed or locked joints which make it difficult to open or close your mouth.
- Sinuses problems.
- Swelling on either facets of your face or maybe both.
- Severe toothache.
Tmj treatment Los Angeles
There are times that tmj can go away on its own. However, there are instances which require medical attention or even surgical procedure at instances. Dr. F. Isaac Hakim tends to enquire foremost about your overall health history before opting to TMJ diagnosis and treatment. In any case, you are suspected of jaw troubles, X-rays are performed to examine your jaws and enamel, a CT experiment to get your jawbones info and MRI for discovering issues with the joint disk or the gentle tissue.
Pros and cons of tmj treatment Los Angeles
By getting the TMJ treatment, you are merited of pros such as improved chewing and biting of foodstuffs, improved overall oral appearance, jaw treatment, reduced painful headaches and toothaches, and ease of movement of tmj while talking, yawning and chewing.
Tmj treatment Los Angeles cons are the higher priced irreversible procedures.
Dr. F. Isaac Hakim may offer a recommendation of other treatment options consisting of surgical procedures which are exceptionally endorsed. Though you could opt to domestic treatment which includes consuming gentle foodstuffs, relaxing your chin on the fingers, and the use of cold ice packs.
Opting to visit Dr. F. Isaac Hakim, you will benefit from the amazing services and affordable rates for your Tmj treatment in Los Angeles.