The temporomandibular joint, usually abbreviated as TMJ, is the joint that connects your jaw to your skull. However, there is a localized pain disorder known as temporomandibular joint disorder(TMD) or temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) that is mainly caused by an injury at your jaw or a damaged jaw.
However, this should be far from making you have any worry you since Dr. F. Isaac Hakim is present to help you get the best TMJ Los Angeles.
Core Causes Of Tmj
Nevertheless, quite a number of medical practitioners have not been able to speculate and understand the core causes of TMJ Los Angeles. Luckily Dr. F. Isaac Hakim has been able to identify the possible issues that may have led to TMJ Los Angeles development. Such are:
- Teeth grinding or clenching tends to have a higher impartation of more pressure on your jaw joint, hence, leading to TMJ.
- This tends to make your jaw and facial muscles to tighten.
- Improper alignment of your teeth.
- Arthritis such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid in the joint.
- Misshaped teeth.
- Excessive chewing of gums.
- Putting your mouth in a poor posture manner.
Signs and symptoms that prompt you have TMJ Los Angeles
You are probably wondering if you are a TMJ Los Angeles victim with regards to the above TMJ causes listed. Inasmuch as you think you may be having TMJ, it is best that you take account of some symptoms which reflect you have TMJ.
Such symptoms are:
- Painful sores in the jaw.
- Earache that is chronic within or around the ear whenever you are opening your mouth, chewing or even talking.
- Popping and clicking sounds are in the jaw whenever talking, chewing and yawning.
- Stiffened jaw muscles that are hurting.
- Jaw joint locks.
- Jaw muscles that have stiffened or sore.
- Painful severe toothache.
- Chronic headaches.
Diagnosing and treating TMJ
Dr. F. Isaac Hakim will conduct special physical examinations, this is to help in identifying what may have caused TMJ and how intense the dental case is. The dentist will also inquire about your health history before administering any form of Tmj Los Angeles treatment on you. Dental x-rays are performed in order to examine your teeth and Jaws. A CT scan will be used to get your jawbone details. MRI will be conducted to detect any issues with your jaws and soft tissues surrounding the jaws.
Most dental practitioners tend to use Invisalign treatment and in instances such as widened gaps, braces are highly recommended. Both options are provided by Dr. F. Isaac Hakim.
Proposed home remedy for TMJ
- Using ice-cold packs to the side affected by TMJ.
- Using pain relievers such as aspirin.
- Adapting to relaxation techniques.
- Stress management.
- Eating soft foodstuffs and avoiding excessively gum chewing.
- Use of sedative oops such as lavender is recommended.
- F. Isaac Hakim may recommend massages around the neck and jaw muscles.
Medications used in Tmj Los Angeles
- Dental splints- appliances used to correct teeth misalignment.
- Physical therapy.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapies.
- Muscle relaxing drugs such as metaxalone is used
- Celebrex and Neurontin, which are anti-inflammatory, are used to ease the nerve pain.
- In severe cases, F. Isaac Hakim will perform dental surgery.